Friday, December 7, 2012

Think spring with warblers!

November was a super busy month for me: I had two commissions to work on as well as some illustrations to finish in my free time. Unfortunately, I didn't have a lot of time to update my blog but at least I had fun painting. This painting was done on two separate sheets of paper and I added them together on Photoshop for the final presentation. My first extant warbler species, the Yellow-Rumped Warbler (breeding plumage, myrtle population):
I really enjoyed painting these birds and more warbler species to come hopefully! Also, I'm itching to try some pyrography. I have all the tools and materials, I just need the time. So, more updates to come with in the next month... But until then, try to enjoy these species of birds that are one of the few warbler species in our area that are seen in the cold winter months.

No comments:

Post a Comment